Replacement of an above ceiling Ariston 40L storage heater at a Heritage View Condo unit.
Replacement of a existing Heater is Ariston INOX AA-40L storage water heater. It has been reported that water is dripping down to the ceiling board from the heater.
Due to low usage, the owner has decided to change it to a 30L smaller tank to reduce water wastage and cost since there is no requirement for 40L
Rheem EHG30 water heater is used for replacement. All pipe works connecting to the heaters are replaced with stainless steel from original copper. A new approved stop and double check valves absent in the previous installation are employed in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification. Such will comply with PUB.
Our Licensed has supervised and approved the installation.
There is a 1-year warranty by Homeone for this installation on top of the warranty provided by Rheem.
The Project Rheem EHG 30 Heritage View has met the following requirements for a water heater:
1. Supply of tank, pipe and fittings
2. Removal of old tank
3. Pipe works partial redo to comply PUB
4. New tank installation
5. Testing and commission. Submission to PUB
6. Clean up before leaving
7. PUB approval letter
The electric water heater as a whole unit (i.e. parts incorporated in the water heater itself such as heating element, pressure relief valve/temperature relief valve, water tank, etc. shall be tested in accordance with the following:
- AS/NZS 4020:2018 Appendix K – Sample extraction procedure for use with water heating system. An accredited or non-accredited test report for Appendix K is acceptable provided that the test laboratory is accredited by Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) to AS/NZS 4020:2018 Appendix H on Extraction of Metals, at the point of testing;
- The samples extracted in accordance with Appendix K shall then be tested in accordance with AS/NZS 4020:2018 Appendix H – Extraction of metals (for metallic materials in contact with water). The maximum allowable concentrations of metals listed in Table 2 of AS/NZS 4020:2018 shall not exceed the limits specified by the World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality.
Reason for the Replacement: End of service life
Our licensed water service plumber has ensured that work is done in accordance with the conditions stated below:
- All water service installations must be in accordance with the Public Utilities (Water Supply) Regulations, Singapore Standards 636 for Water Services and all other relevant statutory requirements.
- The proposed works shall not adversely affect the existing water supply reticulation system.
- Proposed water storage heater is installed in accordance with the specifications and requirements of the manufacturer. The installation of double check valves is safe and effective to prevent backflow and the back siphonage of water from the storage water heater through the heater inlet pipe and will be safe for use.
In conclusion, the Rheem EHG 30 Water Heater Above Ceiling is a high-quality and reliable product that meets all necessary regulatory requirements. The installation was carried out in compliance with PUB regulations, ensuring the safety and effectiveness of the new water heater. We are pleased to inform that we have received the PUB Approval Letter for the installation. This letter means that PUB has a record of this heater replacement job it is authorized.
The Ariston Water Heater 150 PrinceCharles project is mandatory to comply with Section 40G of the Public Utilities Act 2001, which requires all storage installations to be submitted to the Public Utilities Board (PUB) for an Acknowledgement of Authorized Heater Replacement. This ensures that the installation meets all relevant regulations and standards, providing peace of mind regarding the safety of the installation. By complying with this requirement your storage water heater installation is authorized and safe to use. Let PUB ensure that your installation meets all necessary requirements and protects you.